The Real Property Disposition Committee has been established as a standing committee to make recommendations to the Common Council, regarding the disposition of real property owned by the City of Gloversville.
At least once per year, the City shall provide the Committee with a roster of parcels that are owned by the City, said roster being comprised of parcels for which there is no active nor foreseeable necessary use by the City.
The Committee shall make recommendations to the Common Council regarding sale price and method of sale as authorized pursuant to section 218-1 of the Gloversville City Code. Recommendations made to the Common Council are advisory in nature and all final decisions and determinations regarding the sale of any and all real property, including method of sale and sale price, remain vested with the Common Council.
There are currently no open bids at this time.
- It is $50 per application. This means you can only put down one property on one application for $50, and if you are interested in another, that is another $50 fee for the second application, and so on. These are to be filed with the City Clerk.
- Please make the application fee payable to “Gloversville City Clerk” prior to the soon-to-be-announced deadline.
- The $50 application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE
- No applications or payments will be accepted after the deadline.
- At the conclusion of the application period, the Property Disposition Committee (PDC) will get together to go over all of the submitted applications and offer our final recommendations to the Common Council of the City of Gloversville.
- All final decisions and authority to sell real property are vested with the Common Council of the City of Gloversville. Decisions are made based on several factors and will be made in accordance with the best interest of the City of Gloversville, not solely on the highest bid.
Listed below you can find the current properties that are now accepting bids and their minimum bid amount:
Once again please note that the highest bid on each property may not result in you actually winning the property!
It is mandatory to inspect/walk through the property at the scheduled dates and times.
Feel free to contact City Assessor Ryan Feane at (518) 773-4550 with any questions.
First Ward Councilwoman